Saturday, February 26, 2011

Why Don't You Trust Him?

Everyday I'm learning that God really wants our trust. God does so much for us and asks for so little in return. He just wants our faith, trust, obedience, love, and praise. Yet, we struggle in doing all of these things for Him. He gives us life. Watch this. I want you all to do this. Take a deep breath. Now let it out. You should be praising God right now! You could take your last breath doing that one day! God breathes life into us and we still take it for granted. Another thing we need to learn, is to forget our trust issues when it comes to God. I know because I personally have an issue with this. I am a very guarded individual who can joke and talk to someone all day, but never for a moment trusting them if I feel they don't deserve my trust. But the reason for that is because of EXPERIENCE. People have done us wrong so we no longer trust that person or anyone who has similar characteristics. Our heart automatically programs itself to avoid pain and disappointment a second time around. But what we need to realize, is that GOD IS NOT SOME HUMAN WHO HURT US! True, He had a part of Himself come to earth in human form, but even then, Jesus was perfect! We have to learn to let the walls down surrounding our heart when it comes to God. He is the one person who deserves our trust. God is constantly tapping your heart, asking to be allowed inside because He loves us. But we're still stuck on what happens on a daily basis on earth. We focus too much on how hurt we are, and not enough on how those hurts are really life lessons about God being the only one to never leave or forsake us. Instead of seeing the good in this, we automatically feel pity for ourselves. I'm challenging you today to trust Him! Open your heart, let Him in. When you truly do, you'll have this really warm feeling inside of you that won't go away. If it ever feels like it's not there, you need to get on your knees quick and stay there until it comes back! Often we just aimlessly pray for God to come back and don't feel our prayers. Stay on your knees until you feel God move! Don't just recite your prayer and get up thinking it's done. NO! A relationship with God takes work. I'm learning that myself. So trust God. He is the only one who will never do you wrong. You know, this week when I was in the car with my dad leaving Bible Study [which was AWESOME!] I was thinking about some worries I had. And every time a new worry came to mind, God would quietly say, "Let me show you what I can do." I got so much peace every time I heard it! If we would just learn to trust God, and I mean REALLY trust Him, we wouldn't have a need for worries. We would fear Him, and that's it. Man, if y'all can really get this through your head like I'm trying to, you'll have such peace!! I notice that when I start slacking in my steps to strengthening my relationship with Him, my peace of mind trails away. But when I'm focused, it's the best feeling ever. No matter what, God has this rope attached to you, pulling you back to Him. He tugs harder on it by sending you reminders. This can be through feelings or experiences. He just wants you to understand that He is really in control and you are a mess by yourself. The most amazing thing about God is He gives everyone the choice to believe in Him or not. He doesn't force anyone to do it, yet continues to give them life each day, another opportunity to believe in Him. That blows me away when I think about it each time! Spend your mornings strengthening that relationship. I don't care how hectic it is, MAKE time. Often people say it doesn't matter when you do it, but I've noticed that not acknowledging God as soon as you wake up can really affect your day. So make that first step even if you have to wake up earlier. Is He not worth a few minutes off of your sleep? Get it done. That's my challenge to you this week. This is important..you really have to learn to trust God. A lot of people say that they trust God, but don't even know what they're saying. I used to say it all the time. When your faith is tested, do you still trust Him? Faith and Trust are similar, but not the same. Think about it. Peace, Love, and Truth. :)

O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you. - Psalm 84:12

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment