Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Elimination of Fear: Letting Go and Living!

Today I want to direct this to the people in my age group. My main focus today is to say: DO SOMETHING POSITIVE WITH YOUR LIFE!!! Often we get lazy and ungrateful. School becomes too much to handle. We are in high school and ready to graduate. Or we're in college and the pressure of all the new surroundings and all the work to get done becomes too much. Now of course we know that God will never put more on us than we can bear (1 Corinthians 10:13), but at the same time God didn't create us to be completely dumb. We have minds and common sense as well. I don't care what ANYONE says, everyone has common sense. The problem is that not everyone pays attention to their common sense. Some people choose to ignore it. I mean, if we didn't have common sense, why would people have so much fun doing what's wrong? Why would teenagers purposely do the opposite of what their parents say? Never underestimate people..they know the difference between right and wrong. Another thing I want us to learn is to not be afraid. Don't let fear take over your life. Although things are going to happen that are out of your control, don't let it ruin your life. You have the choice to determine your future. Don't let fear hold you back from doing what you really want to do. Strive to do what's right. At my home church in Memphis, my pastor there used to say all the time, "Do the right thing in all relationships." This can pertain to any relationship. Be it with a significant other, family, friends, it doesn't matter! Do what is right, and don't let fear hold you back. Fear can take over and destroy your life. I'm not speaking on what I've heard, I'm speaking on what I've seen. Trust me, I know! I know of older people now who let fear change the whole course of their lives. It held them back from every dream they ever had. Now, they second-guess themselves on even the most trivial things because they listened to a little voice telling them they were dumb, or could never accomplish anything. Today, I challenge you to CHANGE YOUR LIFE. If you are scared to speak up, try out for something, or do something new, just go do it! Don't let fear hold you back!! God is doing too much in the lives of His children to let them mess it up by being scared and not answering His call. Learn to stand up for what is right, and you will find favor on your life. I hope this helps you make a positive change and let go of any fear that is holding you back from a dream. This was one of my more serious posts today, because I feel so strongly about people making positive changes. Maybe tomorrow or whenever I write again will be more on the humorous side. Peace, Love, and Truth. :)

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. - 2 Timothy 1:7

5 comments:

  1. BRAVO Carmen. I love what you said about how in older people who've allowed fear to hold them back for years can result in them second guessing themselves over TRIVIAL things. This is a truth. Keep writing Carmen and praise God for your parents and them giving you the most important thing they could ever give you in life; the foundation of Christ. Bless you baby.

    Wanda McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly an awesome WORD! You've encouraged me on today, and I encourage you to continue to let God use you mightily. After all, you are here ON PURPOSE, WITH PURPOSE, and FOR PURPOSE! God bless you.

    Reece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments and encouragement! It blesses me to know that this is really reaching people. Please continue to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright Big girl! I am so proud of you! You are evolving too quickly and I'm loving it!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not letting me post my name. Moni Beard made the last comment!

    ReplyDelete