Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Positive Thoughts Bring Positive Results

I was thinking about writing today, but after hanging with my friends and realizing I have more homework than I care to THINK about, I decided not to write anything. But then I remembered that earlier this morning on my Facebook page I said I was planning to write on Betrayal. I had it planned and everything. Then I read one of my tweets I put on Twitter this morning and realized I'd rather write on this instead because so many people forget about its importance. "Positive thoughts bring positive results." If you read this, apply it to your life and remember yesterday's post about eliminating fear, you will definitely be on your way somewhere! I have a story and a lesson that goes with this subject, so read on.

Like many others, I decided that this year I would lose weight. I will be going to college in the fall and wanted to get a good start. So far I've been keeping up with my gym habits (don't ask about the eating habits though!). Anyway, I've always been afraid to run on the treadmill. (afraid...FEAR..ring a bell yet?) I thought people would look at me funny and I would look a mess. Well one day while I was walking on the treadmill, I started watching Joel Osteen. I just LOVE him! He is the best motivator around! On this particular sermon, he was teaching about how the mind will make sure the body carries out whatever you think. So if you think something negative, your mind will make sure it happens through your body. If you wake up in the morning saying negative things such as "I look horrible," or "I'm so fat," or "I'm so tired," your body will carry it out! You will feel ugly and not want to look at mirrors. You will make bad eating decisions through the day because you already feel fat. You will remain sluggish all day. It is all because of your mindset. Yet our spirits know that we are fearfully and wonderfully made! Well while I was listening, I realized my fear was running on the treadmill. I wanted to, but my body wouldn't let me because my mind had already programmed that I was too clumsy to do such a thing. Once I heard Joel Osteen say these words, I released negative thoughts from my mind. I told myself that I would indeed run on the treadmill next time. Nothing would hold me back any longer. I would do what I wanted to. I also started saying positive things to myself in the mirror every morning when I woke up. Silly as it may sound, you best believe it worked! Since that day at the gym, I have been running every time I get on the treadmill. I may not run the whole time and at a very fast speed, but I am working my way up. Every time I run a little longer, run a little faster. Your mind is something very powerful and you should always use it for the best. Now, your current issue may not be losing weight or running on a treadmill, but I'm sure there is something you want to do that you're not thinking the most positive thoughts on. Choose to use this very moment to change that. Start thinking positively of yourself. Repent to God for ever underestimating yourself. He created a wonderful person in you. When you underestimate yourself, you insult God. It's like saying, "Hey thanks for creating me God, but you missed a spot. Yeah, you forgot to put confidence right here." Do you know that when God created us and it was your time, even HE had to step back in awe of His wonderful work? So dig inside of yourself. Take what you have and use it to its full potential! Peace, Love, and Truth. :)

Positive thoughts bring positive results.


Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. - Philippians 4:8

1 comment: