Friday, February 18, 2011

I Try...But Sometimes I Fail

I've got to write this really quick then get my homework done! Yes, I am a big time nerd who believes in doing her homework on a Friday and reviewing again on Sunday. Sooo yeah. Although I have been writing pretty positive posts on here all week, my week has been really bad. Senior year is finally starting to kick me in the butt and as a result I'm starting to get more and more frustrated. It seems like I'm doing more wrong things than right and it is annoying. I'm used to getting things right on the first try. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. So for me to fail at ANYTHING is a big slap in the face. Because of all this frustration, I haven't been as friendly or Christian like as I want to be. Honestly, I've been like a totally different person all week. It's like I knew I was being mean to people I care about and people I don't even know, but still I couldn't change it. My mind was telling me to straighten up, but I just had this angry spirit that wanted to act crazy. And I strayed away a little from God, doing my devotionals, praying all the time, reading my Bible. I thought I was going crazy. I really did. I thought it was something wrong with me. I've been beating myself up over it all week and now I realize I put too much pressure on myself to be PERFECT. I've been too busy trying to do something only God can do: control my life! I forgot to give my problems to Him. Well anyway, I wanted to write about Love and God's Love and how it's in the Bible a lot. But then out of nowhere, I started singing this song by Mary Mary called "I Try." While I was humming the tune the words came to mind and I sang out loud while I was going in the house. Then I realized "HELLO, this applies to ME!!!" So I found the song online and realized we are all like this. We all try but sometimes fail, and it's time to realize we need God's help! This song ministered to me and of course I'm attaching it with this post. I believe there is someone besides me who had a bad week and needs to remember like me, to put God first. He wants to help us, and we need to march right back to our Daddy. God loves us so much that we can't even understand it. I always say, "You are on God's mind probably way more than He is on yours." It is so awesome to have Someone that thinks the best of you, gently reprimands you when you do wrong, but always supports you. I know that if no one else loves me, God loves me! So I want to encourage any of you having a bad week to use this weekend to clear your mind, clean up your messes, and go back to God. Truly visit Him and talk to Him. Get intimate with God. Tell Him out loud that you love Him. Confess your sins and apologize for trying to do everything on your own. I hope you listen to the song and read the lyrics (I found a video with lyrics this time!). Meditate on it..let it sink into your spirit. Then go before God. I really hope you all do this. I know I will. I've been horrible this week and I need to do some serious repenting. Have a great weekend. Peace, Love, and Truth. :)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. - Proverbs 3:5-6

The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. - 2 Peter 3:9


*Also, the video randomly stops around 2:30. Just hit play again, I don't know why it does that.*



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol this is why i love you.. i cant believe i read this whole thing but very good Carmen.. i love it !

    ReplyDelete