Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Time Is Coming...Are YOU Ready?

WOW! I haven't been here in almost a month! What's REALLY going on?! Man..life has been a trip and then some! But through it all, God's been blessing me and teaching me. I made a promise to myself that this would not be something I started but never kept up. I'm going to keep writing! I will not stop, because this is something from God. Graduation is about a month away. It's starting to hit me that life is about to change! I'm soooo excited! Yet a little nervous. However I will say, God always makes a way. He knows that I'm the type of person who gets nervous when it comes to change. He knows that I like to be prepared. SO he allowed me to be accepted into the Scholars Academy at MTSU [college I'm going to in the Fall]. Being accepted there not only means I have at least one group to be apart of on campus, it means I get to participate in a five week institute over the summer. Now, some of you may be like "big whoop Carmen," but that excites me! I get to take two freshman level courses, and stay on campus there. Through this, I can learn my way around campus a little, and be slightly more prepared than others once I start school. And I'll know a little of what to expect on my first day of classes. So like I said, thank You Lord! Okay, that was my praise report. Let's move on..

With everything happening in the world, I really feel like God is calling out to us. Like I said in a previous post, if you don't see something wrong with the world, then something is wrong with YOU! God is sitting here telling us that He's coming back. It's like He's starting to stand up, and get everything in order. Y'all better straighten up. And you know, it's not just weather problems, or natural disasters. Young people are dying everywhere! This has probably been happening forever, but I'm really seeing how God is calling younger people home more and more lately. This means that we ALL need to live our lives according to His word. Is it a struggle as a teenager? Of course it is! All of these "fun" things are around us, and we're at the age where we think we're "grown." We think we know way more than the next adult. But I tell you this: Don't let God take your life while you're trying to be grown. He can come at any given time to any one of us. Be living your life right at all times so that when He gets you, your last act was something worthy. Something that said, "Hey, I live for Christ." When people remember you, they say, "Man, they were always sold out for Christ. I wanna be like them. Let me believe in God too." Just because you're gone, that doesn't mean you have to stop bringing people to Christ. Your life can work wonders! Now this isn't to scare people off who are reading this. I'm not saying that if you're a young person, you're gonna die. No. I just want you to open your eyes and look around. None of us deserve life. It was given and can be taken away just as quick. If you live your life for Christ, death should never be a bad thing. If anything, you should welcome it. Heaven is the most beautiful place. There is none like it. So change your life today young ones. Older people too. For the time is coming and none of know when our time could be. Until next time. Peace, Love and Truth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment