Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chasing After Him...

There's a song called "Chasing After You" by Tye Tribbett. I first heard it when I was still at my home church in Memphis. We were doing a summer institute for youth, and since I was apart of Youth Leadership at the church, I had to participate. We were putting together a service for some event and that was one of the songs. I had never heard it before, but once I heard it, it STAYED on repeat for a very long time. I'm also a person who likes to know every single note in a song, so I would play it over and over until I knew all the correct notes. The lyrics seem pretty simple, but they have deep meaning. They sing all about seeking God all the time. No matter what, they will never be done chasing after God. That is what they'll be doing for a lifetime. You already know I'll be posting the song at the end of this post. This song always lifts my spirits and makes me want to seek God even harder. We should all want to seek God daily. Every day should be a new journey, a new chance to get even closer to God. I'm working on it and you should too. If we could turn our hearts towards God, and look at Him and all that He has done, is doing, and what He WILL do, we all could feel better. Turn your focus towards God. Try to look at the big picture. When we focus on Him and His greatness, and put all of our energy into praising Him through the good AND the bad, you have no energy left to worry about your problems. True, the problems don't go away. However, they do seem trivial compared to what He's done for you. Think about somethings God has done for you. Start with something general. He woke you up, allowed all of your senses to be functioning properly, AND you still have a house PLUS clothes to choose from. You have a computer or phone to read this on. Do you know how many people just want some shelter? Some people struggle to get new underclothes, and sometimes we get to feeling depressed because we don't live in a big enough house, or have what we consider to be enough clothes. I challenge you today to step OUT of that shallow mindset and allow yourself to feel refreshed. When you shed that complaining spirit, and allow God's peace to embrace you, you can't help but praise Him! I hope you take this seriously, and listen to the song. Truly listen to the lyrics, and make it your personal goal to get closer to God, and forget your problems. It's mighty hard to be upset about issues when you're praising God. Curses and praises shouldn't come out of the same mouth. Be blessed. Peace, Love, and Truth. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment