Saturday, March 5, 2011

What Do You Do When You've Had Enough?

I've been noticing lately that everyone is getting annoyed so easily! Myself included. [Well not since Wednesday at Bible Study! I let it go at the altar and I'm sooo much better about controlling my anger. I either isolate myself or I close my eyes and pray right where I am.] Anyway, it seems that people who love each other the most are at each other's throats. Now I know this is occasionally normal, HOWEVER, I don't feel like tolerating it. And since these are people I see on a regular basis, I'm about to change it! *applause.* But my question tonight is: What do you do when you've had enough? I mean REALLY had enough? Do you go off? Do you leave? Curse the problem maker out? What do you do? What is your approach? Let's look at a few alternatives to changing our REACTIONS to the problems in our lives.
-Remembering God's Word: We all know that God says He'll never put more on us than we can bear, but we seem to keep forgetting it! Honestly, I think it's inconsiderate. We have got to memorize God's Word! He didn't make it for Himself..hello, He's already perfect! This is for US. It's almost like FUBU: For Us, By Us. Only it's FUBG: For US, By God. [I know that was kind of lame..but it's true!] We can't tell God we trust Him, [remember last Saturday's Post: "Why Don't You Trust Him?"]and then give up when trials come our way.
-Isolating Yourself From The Situation: I don't care what's going on, if you feel yourself about to make a bad move, one that is the OPPOSITE of WWJD, get out of there! Leave until you calm down. Don't sit there arguing with the person. You be the bigger person! Now I don't know a thing about arguments and disagreements inside of marriages, so if you're married, do what you do. But I will suggest removing yourself from the room if it's serious. Give yourself a little bit to calm down. Mark Twain said: "When angry, count to ten. When very angry, cuss." Abraham Lincoln said, "When angry, count to ten. When very angry, count to one hundred." Think about which would be best!
-Biting Your Tongue: Now I don't really like that, because I used to bite my tongue and it would never work! I'm so serious. I would walk away with a sore mouth and I still said something rude. However, try to refrain from cursing at people. Try to refrain from saying hurtful things. I won't lie, when you're really angry, it feels good to see that shocked look on a person's face, knowing you got them as bad as they got you. Maybe even worse. However, if you're a HUMAN, your conscience will mess with you until you feel super bad about what you said. That good feeling of revenge only feels good for so long. Remember, you can't take words back!
-Praying: I saved this one for last because it's most important. If you don't pray often or you don't pray for long periods of time, I can assure you that's why you have anger problems now. Sometimes I literally have to pray until I calm down. Do you understand?! That's me praying for a good hour! Because if I don't talk to God and clear my mind, my REACTION will be a bad one. Talk to God. You know how you talk to certain people and walk away feeling that they still don't really understand what you're going through? God is nothing like that. Why? Because He was there when you got mad and will be there once you get over it. Before you even approach Him, He knows the anger you have in your heart. Take the burden to Him and let Him cleanse you. Don't try to handle it, because you can't. I don't care how strong you think you are, YOU CANNOT HANDLE EVERYTHING IN LIFE. ONLY GOD CAN.

I want you all to understand why I talked about reactions instead of fixing the problems. Only God knows how to help you fix your problems. What I can do is help you fix your reaction so that the problem doesn't get worse. [Write that down somewhere, I promise that line is SO important in life!] If we would all learn to react differently, a lot of arguments could be avoided. I'll post some scriptures that came to mind while typing this. I want you all to know that most of this stuff is a Word from God for me AND you all. Whatever you read on here, I'm using it to better myself as well. My life is not all perfect and peachy. It has its rough patches. But God sends us reminders [Bible, books, this blog!] and people [preachers, friends, mentors, writers, etc.] to help us make it through this life. Remember we have to stay on the narrow road.

Now I've got to go to bed..church is in the morning [I'm excited]! I hope you all looked on my Facebook and Twitter. I said I was taking any suggestions for tomorrow's post. If no one gives me anything, I just won't write until Monday or whenever. Be blessed guys! Until next time, Peace, love and Truth. :)


With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water. - James 3:9-12

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment