Monday, May 23, 2011

Made In His Image...Beautiful In His Eyes...

Just a little something I stumbled upon today that I wrote awhile ago...

Imperfect. Unloved. Unknown.
Misused. Ugly. Waste of time.
Unnecessary. Irrelevant. Dumb.
These are the words to describe me.
No one cares.
No man will ever want me.
I have so many flaws.
Why did you make me this way?
God, you made a mistake.
I'm not beautiful...

Made in MY image.
Very loved.
Known by ME since conception.
I knew you inside and out before you knew yourself.
Beautiful you are beloved.
Fearfully and wonderfully made.
THOSE are the words to describe you.
I care.
I designed a man for you...have patience.
You have no flaws, for I make no mistakes.


While I created you, even I myself had to step back and look at my newest creation in wonder. Even I myself had to say, "Yes, this one will be amazing. Apart of my best work."
You daughter, are beautiful.



In case you couldn't tell, this was a conversation between a very discouraged young woman and God. I wrote this poem because today so man young women struggle with image, and struggle with being loved. I myself even struggled with it until recently. I still have my days where I feel a little down and a little worthless, but God is working with me on that. I hope this encourages any young woman out there struggling with self confidence. You will NEVER need a man or ANYONE for that matter, to make you feel complete or worth something. Find your inner beauty, don't wait on someone to recognize you. Now, I NEVER put my poetry or anything along the lines of it out anywhere. I am extremely sensitive and shy about it. However, I felt led to put this out today. Obviously God had me run across it for a reason. Stay encouraged and be blessed. Peace, Love, and Truth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment